I like a good Top 10 list, it’s just a nice punchy format to make a point with.
As a big fan of The Late Show with David Letterman (whenever they show it here), I wish I could do this one in classic Dave reverse order, revealing each one in turn for maximum effect.
But frankly I don’t have the budget so please read them from bottom to top and act surprised as you do so.
So here it is, all my own work – The Top 10 reasons your website needs a redesign.
The unofficial no. 11 being my rates are very competitive and I need the work.
And remember, reverse order, starting at no. 10
- It’s shit.
- It has a hit counter, dummy!
- You have a hit counter that only increases when you log on to see if the hit counter has increased.
- Your navigational links are more broken than the World Banking System.
- You want to project a serious business presence but your main headings have smiley faces next to them.
- Rival firms are linking to your website to show how bad it is.
- Your content proudly boasts a last updated notice…2006.
- The ‘Submit’ button on your e-commerce site isn’t working and nobody’s complained.
- The last time your site had a revamp, Google was only a Search Engine.
- Tim Berners-Lee, the creator of the internet, saw your website and wonders why he bothered.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON YOUR WEBSITE NEEDS A RE-DESIGN…